Monday, January 02, 2012

Finally...

finished Mr Chop's messenger bag!  I think he had given up hope of it ever being finished.  It is to match his pencil case.  The annoying thing is that it was simply the fact that I never got round to doing it.  It was all cut out and then this morning, following my post-Christmas craft and create burst, I finished it in under 30 mins :).  Here it is.....


I have several more photos but Blogger is deciding to be temperamental tonight and won't let me upload any more.  Wonder if it will let me post one of my teapot stand....


There it is...matches my tea cosy :)   That is a small tea pot, by the way, not a huge mug!  The teapot belonged to Mr C's Nan. I love old cups and saucers and teapots and always use them.  they feel 'proper' somehow.  We even have tealeaves.

I have also made a cushion cover, quilt top and them some proper 'patchwork' but on the machine.  Basically I went through my scraps and have been machining like a mad thing. This is the only thing Mr C regards as quilting/patchwork.  He doesn't understand why you would buy fabric, cut it up and then sew it back together again - philistine! I now have a piece half as big as our king size bed so maybe it will be done soon....  I have also made 3 placemats or 1 runner, depending on how I decide to finish them.

Busy day today then.  Sewing, fish pie making (disappointing!), hoovering and getting the tree out and entertaining lovely friends.  I have also, finally, reached the bottom of the washing pile and now am back to only having one days worth in a pile to be done.  It will all go to pot once term has started but for now I am allowing myself to be slightly smug about it.

I am sure that none of this will last once we get bogged down in term time and school.  With 4 of us running to that timetable things quickly pile up and get out of hand.  I won't be as busy as before Christmas though when I thought I might meet myself coming back...it was hectic.

One more day of the holidays.......

No comments: