Sunday, February 27, 2011

A cautionary tale for free-range bunny owners.

May I just start this though, by saying that when I say 'free-range' I do not mean, in this case, for the intention of eating!!

This is now the sad state of our garden......


This area used to be full, when we first moved in, of horrible, horrible conifers of varying sizes and varieties..  Eurch!  We (I!) dug a load of them up in the bottom corner and made a small veg patch.  The rodents, for that is what they are referred to as when they have been naughty, decided to eat the rest.  Yes, I kid you not...they ate conifers.  And that is not the half of it.  This used to be a lovely, petite rosemary bush


Striped bare by this naughty monkey....... 


                                                           Look!! There she is caught in the act of eating my pulmonaria!!!  The little madam has no shame.  The herb in question used to be in a large pot and Jessica, when she thought she could get away with it, would plonk her ample, if aging, bottom right in the middle and work her way through it.  A more cynical and unkind person might suggest that it would give her more flavour! Even her beau is in on the act.  We have spent the afternoon temporarily fencing off the space that will now become a bigger veg patch but even then Barley cannot resist a try........

Check out the filth monger...Oscar the cat to many.....even he, a cat of very little brain, knows that this is disgraceful behaviour of the highest order and is trying to stare Barley into stopping.....



Honestly...who'd have pets?!!  And don't even get me started on the cost of blood pressure tablets for cats...

Enough destruction..back soon with some creative things :D


ETA - we do love them though :D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a very naughty bunny! I would call in Mr McGreggor if I was you!! LOL!!

DEBBIE said...

First time visiting your lovely blog... I`m looking forward to come and visit you again!

DEBBIE MOSS

Unknown said...

Hi Lucy, I have not had an email come through so it has obviously gone into cyber space!! My email is thefeltfairy@aol.com love Annie xx